The original GAR Applications are in the possession of the Yamhill County Historical Society and were part of the Hopkins Family Donation to the society.
- Nearly all the men applying had Newberg addresses.
- Information includes:
- applicants age, place born, current residence, occupation, date of enlistment, company, regiment, discharge date, reason discharged, rank, previous GAR membership application, signature [sometimes missing]
- Transcriptions of the names were taken ﬁrst from the signature and if ambiguous, compared to other surname entries on the form.
- The surname spelling was not always consistent on the application.
- Not every line is ﬁlled out on every application.
- There are 118 applications.
- If there is more than one application for a person, this may indicate the man had been dropped for lack of dues payment and had reapplied.
For a $5 donation to the Genealogical Society entries will be copied in full. This can be received electronically or in print.
For this request, you will need:
- Full name of entry